add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I'm a keyboard newbie looking for a specific type of keyboard

Frugert

1 month ago

NOTE I'm living in the UK and am trying to stay below £150

I am looking to buy a new keyboard after having the fnatic rush cherry mx red for awhile and I'm looking for a change.

I've been looking through many keyboards and razers blackwidow elite keyboard has drawn my attention with its wrist rest and media keys. However, I've been seeing some custom made keyboards recently and such, for example the Ducky one 2 rgb with custom keycaps etc.

Now I'm a noob when it comes to keyboards and what I'm wondering is where I could obtain or create a keyboard with dedicated or "fn" media keys, tactile clicky switches with pudding keycaps, also RGB.

I've seen the hexgears impulse which seems to cover most of these categories however I'm not sure whether it has media keys, also the hexgears impulse needs to be imported to the UK with a £30 fee and is low on stock, so I'm not sure if that's worth it. Despite wanting a keyboard as specific as above would you say it would be easier or better to just get the razer blackwidow elite?

But damn those rgb pudding keycaps are sexy as ****!

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated since I am severly torn on what to get.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i currently have a blackwidow like the one you're talking about and i love it, software is really easy to use and has a nice feeling, and the included razer branded keycap is nice

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Redragon Kumara K552 RGB: $40, base plate for the rest of the build

https://www.epathbuy.com/product/cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/: $40, Good all around switches for gaming and typing, you can get Cherry mx blues

https://www.amazon.com/SENREAL-Double-Skin-Translucent-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B07F74KZV9: $20, PBT, Double-Shot, Pudding keycaps

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Are there any pudding caps in UK layout?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'll have to look on my home computer (most sites are blocked).

Honestly though, you should do research yourself. I find that you get to see what you like, you get to see what you can afford and what you might need to do to get better performance and quality. For Example: My friend hooked me up with a parts list last year. Around June I did some research and found I could drop $100 off my list in exchange for unneeded features.

Look into it and you might surprise yourself if you spend 10 minutes on youtube, or maybe if your brave enough... the second page of google.

I hope the internet treats you well, godspeed.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The RGB software for the Redragon Kumara K552 RGB isn't the best ut it lights up soo... Do whatever you want man. Have a nice day!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I bought a lightly used Redragon K556 since I liked the keyboard base and the keys are all interchangeable with other key types. currently using the MX browns, but also tried some reds and blacks. The Ducky One 2 is definitely a keyboard I would consider for myself in the future.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube