add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3700x vs 3800x

twistedxoxo

2 months ago

As the title said, which is better overall in terms of cost to efficiency. Would be paired with a 2070 super and 32gb ram

CPU would be used for r6 siege and the new COD as well as other random games.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Performance is so close get whichever is cheaper usually the 3700X.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thats pretty much my thinking. they seemed too similar, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something obvious.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

aside from the 3800X being less expensive somehow, there's never gonna be a good reason to buy it unless you cannot buy (as in sold out, out of stock, discontinued) a 3700X.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The 3700X quite honestly is a more thrifty purchase. The 3800X is slightly faster but this will not make much difference to your gaming. I often wonder why AMD bothered with the 3800X, the logical step up on the 3700X is the 3900X.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

3700X replaces the 2700

3800X replaces the 2700X

more or less.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

To get that extra $70 out of people who don't know any better lol. That's literally why it exists.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That might be a bit overstated - there are applications where the 3800X is definitely faster, if not by a lot. They just aren't game engines. If I were kitting out a bunch of corporate dev boxes I wouldn't rule out the 3800X.

It sure is a narrow niche, though, and one does have to wonder if it's worth the binning effort.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube