add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Kinda impressed with simple build from spare parts for my wife fx6300 rx550

GREENANTIX

2 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/GREENANTIX/saved/fdsTCJ

Came across a mobo / cpu / ram combo on facebook marketplace and decided to add my boneyard parts to it and build something for the wife to use. She doesn't game except to play fortnite with the kids, and they always fight over the two xbox 1s. Turned out better than I thought, I overclocked the cpu a bit even tho it probably didn't need it. I bought the rx550 expecting to have to run bare minimum settings to get the game to run period, but actually able to run medium+ mixture with good fps. Came here to pat myself on my back while they all kill each other in fortnite. On to the next project!

P.s. I started with a 2gb gtx650 that came with the mobo and it was just terrible on fortnite, lol

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

I really like scrapyard builds like this. Nice job. You should take a couple of pictures and post the as a completed build.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Dope. Fortnite isn't toooooo challenging, that RX 550 was probably a good buy for it! These builds are the best builds.

Hope they're all having a blast (you should join them sometime)!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube