add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Latest Intel CPUs Affected by New TSX Speculative Attack

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

New versions of old attacks designed to avoid mitigations.

Its sadly not news if you have been following the side channel attacks even the first models found have multiple similar variants now.

Attacks like these are unavoidable until all companies involved redesign architectures which isn't planned until 2025 or so.

Until then its be smart with your PC and don't follow unknown links or go places known to have consequences.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

OK thank you very much , i have followed as much as i can and have patches and bios updates but i haven't heard anything about it for quite some time .

When i saw it on BC i thought it was something more important than usual and since i didn't see the latest variant listed here i decided to post the article.

I was wondering when redesigned architectures was going to take place but you provided a ballpark time frame.

Appreciate the info , learned a few things i didn't know before.

Enjoy your weekend.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You're going to see these pop up regularly.

Intel announces exploits and fixes quarterly now.

NVidia, ARM, and AMD only announce when they have to roll out emergency updates they want you to patch or when Intel exploits are found to work on their architectures.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube