add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need a AIO for cheap

Geolite
  • 6 months ago

I want cheap aio for a ryzen 7 2700 so i can overclock it to 3.5 to 4.0, because it comes with a 3.2 ghz clock speed, and i just know how to read the rpm, but idk. So yeah....... Help

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Why does it have to be a liquid cooler? There are air coolers that can achieve that easily and more for the 2700.

Here are a few coolers to check out:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/wjmLrH,8GBrxr,YsHRsY/

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well ive been taught that aios are really good for overclocking.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

AIOs are not better coolers because they are AIOs. Air coolers can perform really well too and if budget is a concern rather than go for a super cheap AIO with a poor build quality I would much rather opt into a much more reliable air cooler that can also do the job for less money. All 3 of those coolers I linked perform a tad lower than a good 240mm AIO that is over double the price of those. Also to mention all 3 of those coolers will blow any of the 120mm AIO coolers away in performance too. Considering you are looking for only a mild OC on a 2700 all 3 of those coolers will have ample thermal headroom over what you are wanting to do.

For AIOs they have many more components and thus many more points of failure. On top of just fans they also have tubing, water coolant, and a pump. Well made AIOs are more than likely to last 5-7 years with no issues at all and a long 5 year warranty on an AIO means the manufacturer is confidant yours will last. When corners are cut to save on production costs quality control, quality of materials and design tolerances tend to be compromised in the name of costs. That is where you find 1 year warranties on AIOs and the cheap ~$80ish AIOs such as this rosewell one. I would rather go for a strong air cooler than deal with the issues people in those reviews had to deal with on that rosewell cooler. The air cooler will also run quieter too!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I'll go with the air then, good to know then.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Not to pile on, but just to add to what Tetsuclaw said: the conventional wisdom that overclocking is eventually heat limited is more true for Intel CPU's than Ryzens, and especially Ryzen 1st and 2nd generation. Ryzens appreciate a good cooler, but they tend to run cooler than Intel CPU's in general, and when overclocking they tend to be voltage or architecture limited more than thermally limited. I have a Ryzen 1600 with a very good (air) cooler on it, I can get it to 3.6 GHz with one BIOS click no trouble, 3.7 GHz I have to start raising voltage, and there's no cooler on earth that will get that particular sample to 3.9 even just to boot up, because it just isn't going to go that fast. Temps never go past 65C so it's not temperature that's limiting things.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I already added the air cooler to the list

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16835200117

120mm cooler, $50.00

But don't underestimate air cooling and compare both noise and power before making your decision.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube