add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2600 vs 2700 vs 2700x

Case5549

3 months ago

For Black Friday prices for some components have been revealed. Right now the 2600 is $120 but I would get a cpu cooler with it which costs $40. The 2700 would cost $160. The 2700x would cost $170.

My question is which one is worth the money.

Edit: After researching and thinking more I'm getting either the 2600 for $120 or 2700 for $160. I will use stock cooler so I'm thinking the 2700 would have a better cpu cooler so it may be worth it. I'm planning on running a few AAA games like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Halo Infinite. I'm am going to run 1080p ultra setting for at least 60 fps. The gpu I will be using is a Sapphire Pulse rx 580. Any suggestions/opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what you plan to do with it.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I forgot to say that. I am planning on gaming with it only. 1080p ultra 60fps

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Any of them would do the job really.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I'm leaning to the 2700.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably the way I would go the stock RGB cooler is pretty solid as well.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The 2700 ships with the Spire, doesn't it? which I don't think is RGB. I thought that the only 2nd gen Ryzen shipping with the Prism was the 2700X.

On the other hand it's pretty easy to find a Prism for cheap if you like the looks.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube