add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Evga x99 ftw Xeon v4 support

HONDATUNING776
  • 4 months ago

I just bought a Xeon e5 2687w v4 es. I was wondering if I’m going to have any issues running it on the evga x99 ftw board. I’ll probably have to just find out as I can’t find much info online. I may need to update the bios for it to work. The motherboard is brand new. Just unsealed it yesterday. So it has the original bios on it which might help. And yes I know that es cpus can be picky about what mobos work and ones that don’t. I was wondering if anyone on here had any experienceses on it. Thanks!

Caleb

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I just bought a Xeon e5 2687w v4 es. I was wondering if I’m going to have any issues running it on the evga x99 ftw board.

Maybe with an BIOS update.

The Xeon e5 2687w v4 is a Broadwell-E processor and not a Haswell-E.

https://www.evga.com/support/motherboard/

Latest version: 2.03 (file below)

https://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/X99%20FTW%20BIOS%20Update

How to: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/EVGA/EVGA-X99-FTW-BIOS-2-03.shtml

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks for the reply. If it doesn’t work with the current bios version is shipped with from the factory, I’ll have to get ahold of a cpu that will work so I can update it to the latest. Hopefully that will work or else I just waisted some money. Thanks!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Well if that board doesn't work with the Xeon e5 2687w v4 even after a BIOS update, just use a different Xeon CPU.

Like the Xeon e5 2687w v3.

If you don't damage the CPU box, you might be able to get it back for a different Xeon processor.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. The issue is that im buying ES xeons. So no box and they are usually from china. I got this xeon 2687w v4 for only $200 and it was in the usa luckily. I did find a V3 one but it was in china for about $165. Im really hoping i can get this one to work. Ill let you know what happens. Thanks for your help.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

OK man. Let's hope it will work.

Good Luck! :)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure if a Xeon E5-v3 would be compatible with the EVGA or not but I know some Asus boards, with an early BIOS version, are compatible with processors like the E5-1630 v3 and E5-2620 v3.

A few weeks ago I bought a Rampage V from someone of craigslist for a low, low price. Then I ordered a Xeon E5-2620 v3 for $20 to test the boards and it works no issues at all. If you need a CPU to flash the BIOS, I suppose you could look at that or another Xeon E5.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. Yea i really am hoping that a xeon v4 will work lol. I got this evga board brand new on craigslist for $50. And the xeon e5 2678w v4 ES was $200. If it doesn't work then im out $200.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Well i installed the cpu and all I get is a red led next to the 24pin connecter and a white led down near the sata ports. Will not power on

Any ideas? Need reply ASAP!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Evga sent me a bios chip. Going to try that next. If that doesn’t work then the Xeon is going back.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube