add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 5 3500x vs Ryzen 5 3600 Opinions

Chris4114
  • 3 months ago

Hi, at current prices here in the UK the ryzen 5 3500x is currently available on aliexpress uk for Used £88.79 and New £94.02 and the ryzen 5 3600 is currently available for New £169.98 from Aria pc. From the little benchmarks ive seen online it seems the 3500x is beating the 3600 in gaming because its able to hold a higher clock speed due to the thermals being slightly lower, but this is at the cost of the 3500x has the Simultaneous Multithreading disabled. My question is how many people are going to buy the Aliexpress Variant? I ordered my 3500x yesterday i will update this thread when the cpu has arrived, Thanks Chris

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

3500X is OEM only so no warranty, no SMT, takes weeks to arrive, and as always with Aliexpress if the price is too good to be true you did indeed get robbed.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

Agreed. Like with items on wish, Aliexpress is not worth it.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you both had bad experiences with aliexpress? Its ok this is why i brought up the topic and hence why i purchased the cpu myself and created this thread in the hope people can offer good advice on potentially a good or bad purchase, hence why im curious as to why you both dismiss aliexpress, So please share your experiences with aliexpress. Thanks Chris

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I have had bad experiences with wish, and I almost had one with aliexpress involving a phone.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply, What was the problem with phone and how did it almost go wrong for you?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It didn't list its compatibility or its quality.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Bought a 2500X that turned out to be a mislabeled 1500X that arrived a month late with snapped off pins from shipping damage.

The cooler they shipped also wasn't the AMD stock unit.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I’d avoid buying from there, but AliExpress seems far more reliable than Wish. They sell junk, but they tell you it’s junk before you buy it (if you can read tech specs). They don’t tell you you’re getting a gtx 1080ti when you’re lucky if you get a gtx 650.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response Gilroar, But do you really need a warranty with a cpu? its not like a motherboard or graphics card right? the failure rates on cpus are extremely low ive been led to believe, unless your doing something stupid with the cpu like pumping it with to much voltage or deliding the cpu, No smt is a fair comment, but if you want a budget cpu purely for gaming? And with aliexpress you have 60 day buyer protection, and they have a 15 day refund option should the item not be as described, So i guess referring back to the no warranty, you do have one but its with the seller of the item and its very short, and the typical delivery time from the seller of the cpu i purchased was 12 to 14 days, but it did state an estimated delivery of 20 to 40 days, Like i said i will update this thread when the cpu has arrived.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a warranty. If it arrives DOA then your screwed. its not worth it...

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Why are you screwed? please explain, im not trolling you honest, but with aliexpress you have the 60 day buyer protection and a 15 day refund option, so does that not cover the DOA?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yes, i suppose it does., i didnt know that about aliexpress. However, it is more likely then not a scam. the CPU is most likely an R5 1600 or like an R3 3xxx. Like was mentioned before, if its to good to be true, it is. Just be careful bud :)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Vipersavage, but again it comes under the item as not as described category if indeed the seller does send me a Ryzen 1600, This is why im trying it out myself, and i will update the thread with either the good or bad news when the cpu arrives, if it does work out well then i will offer up the sellers shop for anyone should they also wish to take the plunge into ordering from aliexpress.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, that seems reasonable. just looking out for you!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

And with aliexpress you have 60 day buyer protection, and they have a 15 day refund option should the item not be as described

Moot point because of this.

but it did state an estimated delivery of 20 to 40 days

By the time you get it you can't return it if its wrong.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

if you dont receive the item within the buyer protection of 60 days they have to offer you a money back guarantee gilroar did you chase this up?, and how did you get on with it? and because the item was not as described the 15 day refund should have been issued. the only bad thing is the buyer must bear the cost of returning the item.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If it shows up within 60 days that's an option.

If you end up like me and it was 70+ then your on your own.

and because the item was not as described the 15 day refund should have been issued. the only bad thing is the buyer must bear the cost of returning the item.

15 days from date of sale means nothing when the item has a 20-40 day expected arrival date.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

But it says in the T&Cs after the 60 guarantee they will offer you a complete refund, i take it you never got one, I will see how i get on and hopefully you just had a bad seller, Thanks for talking Gilroar

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Hope you find you weren't wrong then.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi, Just a quick update, the cpu arrived on Christmas eve, everything is fine the cpu arrived brand new with its cpu cooler, the box it came in was completely unopened, in all from purchase to its arrival it had taken 8 days to arrive here in the uk, the cpu seems to be working perfectly fine, ive not had much time to test the cpu other than a few cinebench r15 runs, if anyone is interested in the sellers shop name on aliexpress i can post it for everyone to see, also i will be sharing my experience with aliexpress, i will also keep the thread updated with performance benchmarks my attempts at overclocking, gaming and temps etc etc, although im currently swapping my motherboard over from a Asus prime b350 plus motherboard to the MSI b450 tomahawk max motherboard so it will be a few days before i can post my results, when the system is up and running again i will post a few pictures under completed builds, also if anyone would like to know anything about the cpu feel free to ask, Thanks for all the comments from everyone above and for sharing your own experiences with aliexpress, Thanks Chris

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube