add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does GPU affect the performance of the CPU

Daniel_Amegatse
  • 3 months ago

I built my new PC (IT WAS SO FUN it was my first build) but I’m a bit poor cuz I’m 13 so I did not buy a GPU, I did a benchamrk and it said my 9700k was preforming way below average, is that a problem with my CPU, or I’m pretty sure not having a good GPU can bottleneck a CPU.

Thanks!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends on what exactly was being benchmarked. The embedded graphics are pretty slow, so if it's some sort of combined measure, that will affect it.

I have never heard that running the embedded GPU slows down the CPU, and I'd be very surprised if it were true.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It's probably because you are running your cpu at stock clock speeds. Benchmarks like Userbenchmark give you an average of all results, including people like most of us on this forum who compulsively overclock their systems.

There's nothing wrong with keeping your CPU at stock speeds, it will probably make your CPU last longer, just download a free hardware monitoring tool like CPU-Z and make sure the cores are all running at their turbo clock speeds (4.4 GHz?) and you have nothing to worry about.

Not having a dedicated GPU doesn't really put more load on the CPU, but it will make it run hotter, as they share the same cooler hardware.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube