add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC doesnt boot up after i got a new CPU.

Midget1234
  • 5 months ago

I got a new CPU for my pc because the old one wasnt good enough. After i installed the new CPU my pc wont boot up. all my fans including the cpu fan turn, the led's turn on but my monitor, keyboard, and mouse dont turn on at all. i also get a message on my monitor that says ''Check cable connection''.

The new CPU - AMD Fx-8350 The old CPU - AMD Fx-4100 my Motherboard model - ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard chipset - SB750/SB710

Does anyone know what the problem could be or how i could fix this?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you remember your current motherboard BIOS version?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The BIOS version is 0303.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that's too old.

As LIVE_AMMO stated below, you need at least BIOS ver. 1201

And on that matter it would even better if you update the BIOS to the newest possible for that board.

That's BIOS ver. 1701

BIOS: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/M5A78L-M_LX_V2/M5A78L-M-LX-V2-ASUS-1701.zip?_ga=2.100266206.1171680984.1577157294-1931303329.1577157292

How to: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/M5A78L-M_LX/E6816_M5A78L-M_LX.zip / <page 40>

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

It's possible you have an older version of BIOS installed, and not a later addition which validates the 8000-series chip.

Drop the 4100 chip back into the build and update BIOS. Or first check the BIOS version against the validated update which should be listed in the board manufacturers support page.

EDIT: had a quick look - you should have BIOS v. 1201 (or above) to get the 8350 to post up

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to update your BIOS using the old chip and then switch to the new one.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Update the BIOS.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube