add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New CPU not booting

MidgetMuncher
  • 3 months ago

Just upgraded from ryzen 5 2600x to a ryzen 7 3800x on an x470 msi carbon pro board. All the fans and leds start, my other cpu works in it, just when the new one is in my mouse and monitor dont turn on. I’ve updated the bios to the latest version and have no idea what i’m suppose to do.

Pleaseeee help driving me insane

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you switched back to the 2600X, is it going to boot? If not, your board may have gotten problematic. Get an ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 if necessary.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

When switching back it boots fine, it’s only when the new processor is in

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Clear the CMOS by taking out the battery of the board.

PSU should be switched off and disconnected from the mains.

Press the PC power button a couple of times whilst the battery is out.

Install only one Ram module at the second Ram slot. CPU | Π Π Π Π

Place the battery back, connect the PSU and switch it ON.

Start the PC. Watch at the troubleshooting LEDs. If everything works properly they should not stay lit.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ll try this now, not sure what this will do

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Right so it’s booted now with one ram stick in one do you suggest me do now?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Do add the other Ram stick on slot 4.

CPU | Π Π Π Π

After this:

PSU should be switched off and disconnected from the mains.

Press the PC power button a couple of times whilst the battery is out.

AGAIN!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The computer will not explode for sure. :-P

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It does not boot when theres two in, it’s only working with the one

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube