add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Why is my CPU showing shit results?

pngon
  • 3 months ago

Just finished my new computer and did some benchmarks. now does anybody understand why the cpu is doing so bad in the tests?

UserBenchmark results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23136027

CPU-Z results: https://valid.x86.fr/8hak6q

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

You're hitting 3.9Ghz on the turbo clock frequency, hence not utilising the full stock boost potential of 4.7~4.9Ghz.

What CPU cooler are you using?

Have BIOS configurations (tweaking) been changed or left on default? If changed, what settings did you apply?

You might want to check your temps as things could be running hot. Either download "open hardware monitor" (basic monitoring tool) or HWINFO64 (more informative monitoring application).

It would help to see the full parts list (esp. cooler, motherboard, RAM, PSU).

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! i tried setting BIOS to deafult and now the processor seem to run as it should. i had enabled XMP for the ram to get its full potential, now with XMP turned off the ram dont run at full speed though...

this is my full build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKC9K4

is it possible to get the RAM at 3200MHz without slowing down the CPU?

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I had imagined a poor TDP under-rated cooler. Seeing you have a mammoth D15 in the bag, that presumption fell flat on its face. Very nice selection of parts.... incl. the Corsair Vengeance LPX (some of the best stuff available).

With BIOS set to default, try enabling XMP again (if two XMP profiles are listed, try both). First, make sure you've got both memory sticks snapped into the A2 and B2 dimm slots. The board has 4 dimm slots, the two you're targeting are the 2nd and 4th from the left.

If the issue persists, you have 2 options:

1. Update BIOS to attempt the XMP route again. Later BIOS updates may have resolved earlier discrepancies. Personally, i've ran into a couple of system compatibility issues with Z270 & Z390 mobos (minor issues) which were quickly resolved with a BIOS update. This is a likely remedy.

2. or, if you don't feel comfortable with BIOS updates - try "Manually" overclocking RAM (via BIOS).

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Rest of parts list?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube