add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2700 OC

Rector-Stingray
  • 4 months ago

I have a Ryzen 7 2700, but I would like to try to overclock. What should I OC to? And, how can I keep its life expectancy without having it boggled down by previous overclocks?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

What should I OC to?

There isn't a fixed answer to that since it depends on your chips specific luck with the lottery.

And, how can I keep its life expectancy without having it boggled down by previous overclocks?

Stay within everyday safe voltages of 1.35v or less.

That may seem low compared to what some motherboards run for stock voltage but you have to remember the motherboard polls far less often then the CPU adjusts voltage when running so it reports the highest within a time frame.

To be very blunt though it isn't worth it really and you will not see very large gains at all mostly under 5% except in extremely well threaded programs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube