add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 5 1600 AF not on pcpartpicker.com?

spectr3x
  • 2 months ago

Just a quick question, there has been a new Ryzen 5 1600 that has a little boost in performance and a reduced price tag dubbed the "AF" edition, but it's not in the database? Is it possible to get the Ryzen 5 1600 on the database, the AF edition I'm talking about? Since it is a better deal and a better performing edition of the product, I thought it would be intuitive for the website to have it included in the database, and so we don't have to include it as a custom part every time.

Regards, Spectr3x

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

According to manirelli on this post https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/338841-yd1600bbafbox-ryzen-5-1600-zen-12nm-refresh-for-85 they are still working on adding it, but need to clear up some quirks first.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, okay thanks for the reply!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It is an interesting chip. It is built on the 12 nm Zen+ wafer instead of the original 14 nm design. It is benchmarking just ever so slight below the Ryzen 2600. It is still a bit of a mystery to me. Some people are claiming they are just 2600 that could quite reach the spec. But that does not sound right to me. They are sell a ton of these. Surly the 2600 did not have that high of a failure rate. I was thinking maybe AMD is just trying to dump all the remaining 12 nm wafers and force people to move to Zen 2 and above.

Either way, I am not sure how long this cheap will be available.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It sorta-kinda makes sense. In 14nm, crappy wafers could become 1200's or 1400's or suchlike, but in the 12nm Zen+, nothing below a 2600 was ever listed, at least for US marketing. If there was enough marginal 12nm inventory to sell as working 6-core CPU's but not as 2600's, I could see it. One might wonder what happened to the 12nm inventory that could only manage 4 cores, but happy days, that's not my problem. :-)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

There's a few rumors also running around that the IMC is a first generation unit which was sourced from a different manufacturer by AMD and to get rid of stock they are using up all the old silicon with first generation IMC.

Which explains the first generation branding of the part even though it uses second generation silicon.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I was wondering about this. I was about to get the YD1600BBAEBOX chip but then ran across the YD1600BBAFBOX and beside this thread for I can't seem to find any differences on the net.

It's about a $50 price difference. the AF being lower.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The AF version is cheaper, and performs marginally better, so I suggest getting the AF version. It is the better version, and is actually closer to a R5 2600 than a R5 1600. Highly recommended.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thing to remember about the AF version is it doesn't come with the copper cored Spire but the Stealth so budget $20+ for an aftermarket cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube