add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3700X or RTX 2070 Super

TheSingingCarrots
  • 5 months ago

Should I get a 3600 and a 2070 super or a 3700X and a 2060?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

What kind of games are you playing at what kind framerate do you want?

If you're on a budget get the 3600 and the 1660. Good performance for the price.  
If you're recording and processing video, I'd get the 3700X because it has more cores.  
If you're not recording but playing at framerates like 144fps+, get the 3600 and the 2060.  
If everything, 3700X and 2070 (non-SUPER).

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are gaming I would suggest a CPU/GPU combo with better GPU is a smarter purchase. In the CPU world, once you hit a decent 6core/12thread CPU there are diminishing returns going higher. If you have a 60Hz - 165Hz monitor you gain very little moving up from a Ryzen 5 3600 but might gain significantly jumping from the 2060 to 2070 super. This even at 1080p given the demands of current titles.

In the GPU world going up a tier or two makes a bigger impact overall to your gaming unless.... you have a 240/300Hz refresh monitor and are willing to dump a ton of cash into playing eSports titles like CSGO or Fortnite at 300fps plus. If you fall in this category I would suggest an i9-9900K or i7-8086K.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube