add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 vs Ryzen 7 2700

onisor
  • 2 months ago

Hey, which CPU is better, the Ryzen 5 3600, or the Ryzen 7 2700. I saw that the Ryzen 5 is more expensive and wanted to know.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the workloads.

Something like gaming the 3600 has a slight advantage when your not graphics limited.

Livestreaming gameplay the 2700 has an advantage with more cores and less issues with core prioritization.

Productivity they swap places depending on the workloads.

Giving the prices right now I would probably go with the 2700 and put the money elsewhere in the build where it would have a larger impact.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

At 1080pUltra the difference is smaller than at 1080pHigh. At 1440p the difference is even lower. Infact at 1440pUltra they might be completely identical. At 4K there is no difference I believe.

That is because as you increase the graphical workload you will become more and more GPU bound and it will start turning the CPU benchmark into a GPU benchmark, especially at 4K.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Plus, like every benchmark is paired with a RTX 2080 TI. Very unlikely someone would spend $1200 on a GPU and buy a $200 cpu. Any GPU less than a 2080 TI the fps become even closer to each other.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube