add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Impressing her

Rector-Stingray
  • 4 months ago

THIS IS A FORUM ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS AND DATING

So there's this sweet lady that sits next to me in my school band... how do I impress her? I mean, we are now acquaintances (or however you spell that word) but I wanted to turn that into something more than just being an acquaintance.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 11 points

Nobody could possibly resist the double high C mating call of a trumpet player blasting away as they warm up poorly.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If not take AP Psychology.

Study body language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jwUXV4QaTw

Rationalize.

• 4 months ago
  • 7 points

Get her to laugh. Talk to her like a human. Come up with things to do rather than typical movie/dinner. It's pretty basic......

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Yup and be honest, most people dont want to feel like their leading on someone and usually lying about your feelings early on will make them not like you.

And remember you dont have to spend money to go on a good date.

Thats about as much advice i a rando on the internet can give honestly and accurately.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 4 months ago
  • 3 points

As long as you stay relaxed and be yourself, she will say yes when you ask her out. Course, you could use a trap, such as: "I don't think my crush will say yes if I ask her out," but it could crash and burn. I used something similar and am now engaged to that same person.

Side note

It only worked because she said something along the lines of "of course they will say yes."

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

As someone in a relationship, you just need to be friendly. I know everyone talks about "Bad boys always get the girl" and it's completely false. I think that having an alpha mentality will be MUCH more useful. By alpha mentality I mean approaching her with confidence and be nice. Make sure to crack a few jokes once in a while too. Something that helped with confidence for me was in my head I say, "I'm a sexy mf" over and over. It really helps and to be honest, I just go by "You only live once, make the most of it"quote and everything goes great. Good luck brother, but just saying relationships are a big commitment.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. Listen to her, to what she says. Respond to what she says (i.e. "what do you mean by that?")
  2. Don't talk about yourself, or how good you are at something - unless she directly asks.
  3. Be honest ( I think someone else said that too), don't have try to fake something, or pretend you like the same stuff she does - be your own.
  4. Don't try to impress - she will see right through it.
  5. Give her compliments here and there - but be genuine about it - can be on what she's wearing, or what she does or says.

Once all that happens, things will fall into place.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Well as a youngster whose never dated you should take this with a grain of salt, but my philosophy is to be yourself, and if it doesn't work out then that's actually good. It would be bad to set unrealistic expectations and then when you have been together for a long time fail to meet them. Familiarity breeds contempt...

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube