add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Beware of NewEgg Canada shipping "fees"

Baughb
  • 2 months ago

NewEgg Canada, as of January 3rd, 2020 has chosen to start gouging their customers on shipping prices if you don't live in a major population center or close enough to one in Canada. For me, they tried to add an additional 80CAD as a shipping "fee." I'm not sure what they're thinking as this will just cause them to loose business to other online retailers.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I would call an anti-gouging place or something like that.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It's their business, they can charge what they want. albeit they will lose business. Arrogance thinking they're the only ones out there and gouge shipping prices. i would go elsewhere.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing unusual. Businesses are there to make a profit and not take a loss, due to shipping costs.
Many stores will charge differently, for out of the way locations.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If it were a 5$ or 10$ increase, I could agree with you. However, an 80$ Increase is unusual.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube