add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where Do I find CPU/Mobo chipset version??

Haze159
  • 2 months ago

I've been looking and i can't find where to find what my current chipset version is. I'm not talking about bios version cause I know i can use cpu-z to find that.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have CPU-Z already, just go to the mainboard section.

It will list the chipset and southbridge. It will be the southbridge field most people likely refer to when talking about chipset in this instance and it will show, x570, X299, z370 etc. I assume that is what your talking about.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, i meant the chipset driver version

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Whatever board you have, find the key to get into the bios and it will say what version you have.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Chipset drivers are windows things, get into the windows driver info from the control panel (sorry, I don't know the exact steps) and you should be able to find driver details.

Or, if you're running linux, it's all part of the kernel and there's no separate chipset driver that I'm aware of.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

My mistake, I seen chipset and thought bios version. Thanks....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube