add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is your personal favorite motherboard, and why?

RayvenOne1
  • 2 months ago

For me, it's the MSI B450 Tomahawk, not only because I have one, but because it supports Ryzen 3000 right out of the box, it's easy to build with, and it supports dual channel ram. wbu?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990FXA-UD3-rev-40#ov

For overclocking purely for the same of overclocking AM3+ was great for tinkering with.

Granted performance wasn't there but that also wasn't what made it fun.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

sweet

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

the max version or for the budget builders:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI A320M-A PRO MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $54.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $54.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-21 19:42 EST-0500

a very recently added A320 for the Ryzen 3/5 G-series and the 1600AF.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

what are the AF processors? I've seen them around, but never knew what they meant.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Leftover second generation silicon which rumors have using leftover first generation memory controllers to fill the void between the Athlon and leftover second generation models.

Because they reuse first generation parts they can't be sold as a second generation model so AMD sells them as a 1600 with second generations "AF" product code.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh wow. That's actually really smart....

Checkmate Intel

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Ehhh more of a your move now not checkmate.

When Intel dropped the price on the 9100F $40 AMD had to come up with something since 4-"Lake" cores at 4ghz stole the thunder from 4-"Zen+" cores that needed overclocking to reach the same clocks only to be slower and $15 more expensive.

There is also only so many leftover first generation memory controllers so this is a limited run kinda thing.

Next generation gets interesting since Intel's rumored to drop pricing even further and reenable Hyperthreading so you'll be looking at 7700 performance at close to Athlon prices, and 8700 for what AMD is selling the 2600 for now.

AMD will either have to take a hit and sell 7nm for way less then they are now or order more second generation parts and fight to see who can sell cheaper.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. I believe AMD will win in the end, because Intel isn't known for good pricing.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

My Gigabyte gaming 7 z370, it serves its purpose well and the default light color matches the theme of my build, its got sturdy PCIE slots which is always good. VRM cooling that is pretty good and has 2 NVME slots, a duplicate BIOS ( forgot the technical term ) so if one ever gets corrupted the other BIOS will automatically be flashed and work upon restarting. Plus the out of touch with reality stickers were a nice prank to one of my friends.

The only problem is i cant get the temperature gauge to work, so according to my temperature gauge it is only 8 degrees C inside my case.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

wow....thats awesome

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

May be bias, but love the Rampage VI extreme, love the silver / black combination, looks gorgeous, but with RGB the silver bits become translucent. Think the newer rampages step back aesthetically Sigh but much better in important areas.

My old X99 E-WS I also liked, a very classy looking board and thanks to having a solid VRM, heatsink and OC socket, meant it OC'd as well as the Rampage.

Absolutely drawling over the x570 Aqua at the moment also.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

s w e e t

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube