add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This may seem stupid

Rector-Stingray
  • 4 months ago

So I built my PC, and someone said it looked bad. I don't know how I can vent it back on them.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 7 points

hit them with a "no u"

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. A true genius indeed.

• 4 months ago
  • 6 points

don't waste time responding to petty insults; if someone is being petty the best thing to do is be the better person and ignore it. responding will only make it worse

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

I agree life is too short for being insulted. If it was a legitimate criticism (like poor cable management) you could try to fix it, otherwise just enjoy your system. You picked the parts and built it, so it looks good to you. Aesthetics are completely subjective.

• 4 months ago
  • 6 points

Find the nearest Uno deck, pull out the reverse card, and keep it on you. Whenever that guy says that again, pull it out of your pocket and watch him tremble in fear.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

I'd just shrug it off, i get that its easier said than done but once you do it enough times you can essentially be immune to all petty insults by randos without Waluigi avatars on the internet.

Just dont be me when it comes to your builds and be a perfectionist, trust me its a very sharp double edged sword.

P.S on your completed build it doesnt have any comments saying it looks bad so im not sure where you got this comment from.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

This may seem stupid

Agreed. If it violates the code of content, report and move on. In any case, there's no need to escalate by venting back over something like that.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Ignore it. To me, I don't even see my computer 95% of the time - so I really don't care what it looks like. You didn't build your PC to impress or please them, you built it for yourself.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

Right...

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

And that means... what?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, well, if that's all that person has to say, they can deal with it. I have a friend who has an orange and green colored set-up and he loves it to death. And why shouldn't he? Just because I think it looks bizarre doesn't mean he can't enjoy what he made.

But...

If you find yourself looking at the PC and you don't think it looks good enough, there's certain things you can do to help the aesthetics. Color scheme, cable management, and RGB coloration can all help spruce up the aesthetics of a PC. I don't know that there's much in the way of performance that any of those things can do, but if you want a prettier PC, that's what I'd recommend.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Venting back at petty insults, constructive criticism is not. I would say something like "To each their own" "Your'e just jealous" "pfffftttt......." "I didn't realize I was holding up a mirror" "I was holding up a mirror when you said that" "Want to see a joke? -response: sure- Go look in a mirror" A friend would'nt say somthing in the nature of how bad it is.- thats anything- but offer constructive criticism or leave it alone and move on. Ignore it......

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Just ignore them

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Was it about your color scheme? If so than that's purely personal opinion, if the PC performs good and you like how it looks, no problem

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ignore and tell him to sod off

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

It's YOU!

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

What are you talking about? You don't even have builds! Get on my level, kid.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Please keep it polite.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube