add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best AIO config?

SpartyTech
  • 4 months ago

Whats the most efficient way to place a kraken x72 inside of a h500m. I have a kraken x62 in an s340 elite currently, cooler mounted at the front into a push conifiguration and it runs fine but i want more airflow if possible. So im buying a bigger much better airflow case and getting and getting the same AIO again but larger. Most threads ive seen recommend have the radiator set to top exhaust and using the included 2 200mm fans with the h500m as intake and then the stock exhaust 120mm fan on the back. This would be good for the pc but would be using hot air to cool the CPU but would it make much difference between front rad mounting? I have considered doing push pull with the kraken x72 and 2 200mm fans aswell. Hope someone can help.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Leave the stock fans in the front, install the X72 in the front mount so the airflow goes:

Case Interior <- AIO Fans <- Radiator <- 200mm Fans

On any case with good airflow from the front, AIO's are best placed there because it gets fresh air from outside the case, not hot air from the GPU and other components.

Add two or three 140mm fans in the top as exhausts.

On a budget I'd go with the be quiet pure wings 2 PWMs.

Mid-range I'd look at the Noctua NF-P14S Redux 1500 PWMs.

Upper range/RGB then Noctua's Industrial PPC or Original fans, Corsairs Maglevs, although Thermaltake Pure 14's are ARGB and come in a 3 pack for a pretty cheap amount.

If you don't want to spend more on fans and just want what to do with a stock config + your AIO, just leave the front and rear fan as is, and install the AIO in the top of the case with the fans below the radiator blowing upwards out of the case eg https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/userbuild/245033.7721865f102ac61a1e9f4e82b75749f3.1600.jpg https://pcpartpicker.com/b/kxmqqs

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey. Thanks i wanted to do the config this way aswell but alot of people were saying that push pull in this way would reduce airflow to the radiator when compared to just the x72 but im probably going to stay this way now after what you said. Also im most likely buying the same 2 200mm fans to mount on the top as exhaust. Is this ok or will it unblanace the flow with too much exhaust? So basically 2 / 3 smaller exhaust fans or 2 large 200mm fans the exact same ones at the front. Thanks for the help so far : )

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

The front fans and mesh will draw in a lot of cool air, then the fans on the back of rad will help draw that through the radiator efficiently. I wouldn't worry too much about 'reducing airflow', those big 200mm fans on the front will do a lot of work and backed up by the rad, it'll be fine.

I just said 2 or 3 of the 140mm fans because they might be cheaper or easier to source with more options.

Getting another two of the case fans which I believe are the "MASTERFAN MF200R ARGB" should be fine along with the stock fan in the rear, will do fine in exhausting air.

Although you'd probably want to ensure you system has a good RGB hub to fit all that ARGB, which would be 4 fans that are all ARGB plus the X72's pump/cpu cooler block is also ARGB, and any LED strips you might add.

The other option you might want to consider is getting the Masterbox NR600. It is a budget case so there's some minor design flaws/omissions (eg no USB Type C) but it is cheaper, and if you put the AIO in the front you can move the front stock fan to the top and have good airflow, even better with one more bought fan.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Am i ok to buy the same fans as the rear ones. So the coolermaster 140mm fans 2 at the top and 1 at the rear or are they not very good? I just want the same fans at rear and top is all for looks.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd just add a couple fans to the top exhausting out. 140mm or 200mm either way will be fine. Leave the one in the rear unless you want to make it an RGB fan.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

ok so it doesent really matter what fans they are at the top so coolermaster 140s are fine? Im thinking 2 coolermaster 140s at the top and the default one at the back with the radiator at front. Will this be equal pressure?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube