add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asrock x570 and Ryzen 3400g problem

lls
  • 4 months ago

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying the Ryzen 3400g cpu and the AMD Ryzen 3400g website states that it needs to run on the 2933 Mhz memory chip. It is impossible to find a 2933 mhz memory chips to run it.

I want to buy the ASRock X570 and it say that the memory requirements for the Ryzen CPU's (Picasso) chips which the 3400g cpu is a part of also runs on 3000 and 3200 mhz memory chips which I can find.

My question is if I install 3000 or 3200 mhz memory chips will it run the 3400g cpu? Will I damage the Ryzen 3400g cpu if I do? Will I need to slow it down to 2933 mhz in the motherboard bios.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

...states that it needs to run on the 2933 Mhz memory chip.

That's the speed of the IMC of that processor.

So regardless if you buy a 2933MHz or 3000MHz Ram kit, after you apply a XMP profile, the ram will end up running at 2933MHz.

Of course you can buy a 3200MHz Ram kit, and if it's compatible with the board in question, it will run at 3200MHz then.

Will I damage the Ryzen 3400g CPU if I do?

Not at all. The worst thing that can happen, is either the board will lock up or after an unsuccessful ram training it will default to 2133MHz.

Will I need to slow it down to 2933 MHz in the motherboard bios.

You could but it's not needed provided the ram kit in question has a frequency of 3200MHz and it will run that way after you apply an XMP profile.

• lls
  • submitter
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

mark5916,

thanks for the information. Its been awhile since I had to think about motherboards and cpu's and just needed confirmation that I could do it and appreciate that you took the time to help.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube