add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 5 2600x vs Ryzen 5 3600

MuleTheCool
  • 3 months ago

How big is the difference between these two CPUs?

Does the 3600 outperform 2600x in every way and is it worth to spend 100$ more on it?

And finally will a 2600x bottleneck a 1660 Super or any of the future cards?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

How big is the difference between these two CPUs?

9-15% so not all that much really.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-3600/22.html

Does the 3600 outperform 2600x in every way and is it worth to spend 100$ more on it?

Outperform Yes, Worth spending $100 more on really depends on if you can get more performance elsewhere for that $100 or not.

But giving your talking the difference between a 1660S and a 5700/2060, having another 1tb SSD for game loading times, or a 1080p@60hz or 144hz+/1440p monitor it's likely that performance is worth more elsewhere.

If you make it sure, same is also true of the 3600 though.

You choose the title and settings and choose what part causes the bottleneck.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

"But giving your talking the difference between a 1660S and a 5700/2060, having another 1tb SSD for game loading times, or a 1080p@60hz or 144hz+/1440p monitor it's likely that performance is worth more elsewhere."

So you mean that 100 dollars is better spend on getting a 5700/2060 (they are around 200 dollars more than the super though) or a better SSD?

My main thing is really the bottleneck from the CPU for a possible future upgrade. I will eventually upgrade from a 1660 to a much more newer/cheaper card in probably a few years (I dont see a reason to pay 500 dollars for 2060 vs 300 for a 1660 super right now) but I want the CPU to not bottleneck a new card.

But I am probably asking too much from a 2600x.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

But I am probably asking too much from a 2600x.

Then get a decent motherboard and the 1660 and look for a used 1600/2600 with the plan to upgrade to whatever the 4000 series brings later this year and have better then the 3600.

You can't get around parts aging.

You can work with what you have to work with and plan on updating to better.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea I already planned it out: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kgrhmg, and I dont really plan to upgrade it for at least a few years, I actually get it.

But yea others on the forums basically said to accept the aging of technology and just get whatever you want without chasing after that one ideal thing, which is probably the best advice I seen with regards to PC building.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it outperforms the 2600X in every way, but at the end depending what you're doing, paying $100 more may or may not be justified for your needs.

Tests: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-3600/6.html

https://tpucdn.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-3600/images/relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

~7% difference between the 2600X vs the 3600 with a RTX 2080Ti GPU.

So no, there wouldn't be a substantial bottleneck even with the fastest GPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube