add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
RyzerGP
  • 2 months ago

Which cpu is the best for streaming and gaming at the same time? Around £500 budget

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

With CPU resources 2700/2700X actually trade blows with the 3000 series 8-cores which are held back by preferred core scheduling.

If that budget is just for the CPU then you might be able to fit a 3900X which has twice as many preferred cores (4 versus 2) and offers the first debatable upgrade over the 2700/2700X.

If your using NVENC then CPU choice only effects gameplay frame rates.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s interesting, thanks man! I’m a noob at gaming pcs I’m just getting into them! What is NVENC? Is that the Nvidia graphics cards? Which graphics card would you recommend with the 3900x

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What is NVENC?

Using the encoder built into a NVidia graphics card to handle the streaming workload.

Less performance hit, but doesn't handle things like multiple overlays well, or higher quality/compression settings.

Which graphics card would you recommend with the 3900x

Depends on the resolution and desired quality settings.

Giving the current issues though go NVidia.

AMD has both driver issues and quality control issues with the newest generation, to the point you can't even guarantee the card will work itself, let alone even if it works it may not with the titles you want to run.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think I should go with an Nvidia card then ? I mainly play fortnite, but I would play other games like day z, ark, tarkov. A few others too like battlefield! Also how come you recommend a Ryzen cpu rather than an Intel cpu for gaming/streaming? Sorry to ask I feel like I’m mithering I just don’t have a clue!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think I should go with an Nvidia card then ?

Yes. AMD had a solid graphics setup going for awhile but gave up and everything went bad after Ryzen.

They fell way behind on the drivers, quality, and architectural improvements.

When the new cards do work in titles they place nice in they are decent options, so long as you don't need the integrated encoder.

Problem is the when and if downside they have lately.

Also how come you recommend a Ryzen cpu rather than an Intel cpu for gaming/streaming?

Comparable performance on the Intel side is more expensive.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

As it’s my first pc I didn’t want to spend an awful lot I basically just want the best for my money, I need a pc that can stream and game at the same time with no problems! Do you think Intel or AMD are better for streaming?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If you wanna save some money, get a 3700x. I stream 1080p60 with one all the time. If you want, you could also get a ryzen 9 3900X for £500. Keep in mind you still have to get a motherboard in addition to the cpu.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

How come the 3700x over the 3800x?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, its because the 3700x offers better value. I have a 3800x because i got it on sale for cyber monday.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s interesting, and you can stream and game on a 3700x without any problems? Also I’ve heard the 2700x is better value and even better for streaming and gaming at the same time than the 3700x? I’m a noob at pcs man haha sorry

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the 3700x is much better in terms of performance compared to their older counterparts. The 3700x is of great value and fits into your budget perfectly which is why i recommended it in the first place. And yes, I can game and stream without any issue on my ryzen 7.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I appreciate your help man it means a lot! What graphics card would you recommend for the Ryzen 7? I’m a massive gamer!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube