add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 3600 or Ryzen 2700x

notsosavypcguy
  • 3 months ago

So 2700X is on sale for 50% off right now and am wondering if ts worth it to get it over the 3600? I have the 3600 but its still NIB and unopened so i can return it.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

2700X.

Better stock cooler.

Not gaming has more cores to leverage.

Gaming still comes with Borderlands 3 or Outer Worlds for a slight frame rate loss if you're not limited by graphics performance first.

Unless you already have both the title's it's one of the best buys going right now.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

It depends on what you do with your computer. If you use programs like Blender or edit videos, the extra cores on the 2700X would be nice. But if your are mainly jut using it for gaming, the 3600 will work great. The 3600 beats the 2700x by a few fps in most games

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Considering what Pangur and Gilroar mentioned above, i would tend to the 2700X.

Better stock cooler, more cores and threads, not much of a performance loss vs the 3600 on gaming, cheaper.

So yeah, it's up to you. :)

Gaming performance: https://tpucdn.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-3600/images/relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

If you get it 50% off, then definitely the 2700X.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube