add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3600 vs 9600kf

TheSingingCarrots
  • 3 months ago

I'll purely be gaming, no more no less

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

For gaming the 9600kf should be a bit better especially if you overclock it.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Bear in mind you will also be limited to 6 non-hyperethreaded cores.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

9600KF for purely gaming performance and overclocking.

If you're looking for a more rounded performance profile then neither and get a 2700/2700X which allows more to be spent elsewhere in the build.

3600 doesn't multithread or multitask as well as expected because of the core prioritization limiting performance as soon as the priority cores max out.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll purely be gaming, no more no less

9600kf with a nice overclock for your scenario.

If overclocking is off the menu and you will not be counting frames in the 100's, I would check out the older Ryzen 7 2700X as a possible purchase. Slightly cheaper, comes with stock CPU cooler, and performance wise slightly more robust with cores/threads albeit in gaming it benches a bit lower in a number of titles. That said, with/without overclocking the 9600kf I doubt you would notice a huge difference unless you had a monitor with refresh rates > 165 hz and you avoid gaming titles that love to run at low fps no matter what GPU/CPU you throw in the mix.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube