add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3600X and Auto OC

Forux
  • 2 months ago

So I've been running my PC at PBO settings and wanted to know if it was safe to run the auto OC settings in Ryzen-Master or if I should just keep it on PBO.

Just to let you know I have OC'd the memory if that makes a difference.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3491-explaining-precision-boost-overdrive-benchmarks-auto-oc

not worth using the settings at the cost of more heat which shortens the lifespan of the CPU.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So I’ve went back to PBO and my average temps per core are fluctuating at around 1.34~1.38 are those fine? Or should I reduce the VCore?(I think that is what it’s called)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

those are VCore values.

it depends on the CPU lottery

some can run on lower voltages than other for the same speed

some reported their Ryzen 3600 runs at 1.43 volts at idle

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

How should I go about testing if i can run at lower voltages for the same speed? Only thing I really know how to change is RAM not so much VCore and all that sorry if these questions sound basic

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

use JaysTwoCents or any other Tech youtubers OC guide to do the Overclocking

rule of thumb

OC using the BIOS

never use the Ryzen Master software

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Which monitoring tool should I use? CPU-Z or HWInfo64?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I mean while I agree in general ryzen cpus don't really seem worth to OC. the whole shortening life span thing is very irrelevant to most people unless there is a specific reason in this case. Most CPUs last around 10 years. and most people to stay relevant upgrade every 5-6 years. It's hard unless your hard abusing the cpu to really reduce it by 40-50% life span.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Constant overvolting and running hot do shortern the lifespan of the CPU.

Also other components like the VRM have to work hard as well.

Liquid nitrogen overclocking basically is killing the CPU. First with the extreme voltages and the heat shock from the extreme temperatures. So it not surprising to see the CPU after the overclocking contest are half dead or dead cpus.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

As long as your temps are in the safe range it doesn't matter.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, If it works OK on you.

And both opinions [dragoon20005 / Zerk2012] are valid.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The 3600X is basically a factory overclocked 3600. You are not going to get much more out of it. What some have found is that you get slightly faster multi-core performance but actually slightly less single core performance with OC. I think I would just stick with PBO

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube