add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 7 2700 Temps

EternalzXzPayne
  • 4 months ago

I recently bought a Ryzen 7 2700 and it reaches 85 to 90C with the stock cooler without OC just before it finishes a Cinebench render. Is this safe? I just dont want to hurt my processor while I'm editing videos. It idles between 33 and 36C. Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure your motherboard hasn't defaulted PBO to On.

Most AMD boards do which applies more voltage to push higher clock speeds at least until thermals go above 60c then it just runs hotter.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes what Gilroar stated is true.

I own a 2700X (stock cooler) and it reaches 71°C with Cinebench 20, but i left PBO to auto.

If you don't know if you have it enabled or not, just revert your BIOS setting to the default state.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tip guys. While i was in my bios i also realized that my system somehow automatically overclocked my cpu, because until i upgrade my cooling i had no intention of doing so.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3491-explaining-precision-boost-overdrive-benchmarks-auto-oc

never enable PBO on the stock cooler

PBO will push more volts to the CPU and making it run hotter than usual.

This will shorten the lifespan of your PC just for the extra bit of performance

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube