add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some advice on a 6 monitor build

Bomber05
  • 2 months ago

Hi all, Want to experience building my own PC.

I will be using it for my home office. I don't game but do like to watch a HD movie here and there.

The PC will operate 6 monitors, with the fastest frames per second operation possible for the budget due to the nature of the business scrolling through financial charts that are changing every second.

Primary monitor - 49" Curved 32:9 144Hz HDR Monitor (3840 x 1080)

5 remainder - 27" FHD 1920 x 1080

This is the part list I researched but if anyone can recommend better replacements for what I need they would be much appreciated. Budget for PC excluding monitors $1200aud

MOBO - B450 Tomahawk

CPU - AMD RYZEN™ 5 2600 PROCESSOR (6C/12T, 19MBSMART PREFETCH CACHE, 3.9 GHZ MAX BOOST)

Memory - 16GB G.SKILLRIPJAWS 16GB KIT(2x8GB) DDR43200MHZ DESKTOP RAM

Power - CORSAIR 550W Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply CX550M

Storage - 1TB, SAMSUNG 860 EVO, 2.5". 7MM, SATA III 6GB/S,550MB/S/520MB/S, 98K/90K IOPS, 600TBW

Case - Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 RGB Mid Tower Casew/Diamond Cut Acrylic Side Panel

GPU - GIGABYTE RX570 GAMING 4GB GRAPHICS CARD

ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 DUAL-BAND WIFI-AC1200BLUETOOTH 4.0 PCIE ADAPTER with low profile

MST hub for monitors

I am a complete freshie and won't understand any complex computer lingo. Just tell me what to replace and I'll be happy :)

Many thanks

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the reason and the purpose for this setup?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

its said already

"The PC will operate 6 monitors, with the fastest frames per second operation possible for the budget due to the nature of the business scrolling through financial charts that are changing every second."

hes looking at the stock markets

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Oops, missed that part.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor $251.90 @ Newegg Australia
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard $218.00 @ Shopping Express
Memory Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $101.00 @ Amazon Australia
Storage Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $94.95 @ Shopping Express
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $77.00 @ Shopping Express
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB Gaming 4G Video Card $178.00 @ Shopping Express
Case Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 ATX Mid Tower Case $108.00 @ Skycomp Technology
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $114.00 @ Shopping Express
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1142.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-06 20:20 AEDT+1100

not sure what software you use

but i referred to Multicharts system requirements

https://www.multicharts.com/tech-specs/

Octa Core or higher (3.5 GHz or higher) CPU 16 GB or higher RAM 8 GB or higher HDD space Multi monitor support

here is the MST Hub you can get

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Port-DisplayPort-MST-Hub/dp/B00XXPYTAG

also throw in a basic keyboard and mouse

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/nqFPxr/gigabyte-keyboard-gkkm6150

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for all that info.

Yes it's for stock market trading. I use a tick chart and 1 minute chart so all the screens are updating constantly and any latency could result in slippage of price.

The charting software is mainly Tradingview.

Would you just explain the difference in parts selected? Would the GPU be my most important factor when it comes to internet/ page loading ? Or is it a mixture of CPU and GPU. Many thanks

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

since stocks market charts are mostly 2D

the GPU takes a back seat imo because there is no 3D elements that will tax the graphics

the CPU i picked is a 8 core 16 treads, it will be able to handle all the processing workloads from the trading software you use here. I cant seem to find any system requirements for tick chart and 1 min chart. So i can only based on the site i found since they list the system requirements

RAM is important since you have to load 6 screens as the same time. Each screen is an instance and if there isn't enough RAM, you might get stutters with the displaying of the charts. If you feel its not enough, we can bump it up to 32GB.

I been using WD HDD for years, so far i only got one failure of the many drives i got and installed. their SSD has no frills and its fast coz its NVME based which is faster than the normal SATA SSD. Booting up and loading your trading software will be lightning fast.

the HDD is secondary storage to keep your charts and excel files.

since you are not gaming, but you still need multi display

the RX570 has support for up to 5 displays directly or split to 6 1080P displays with the hub.

when you are not trading, you still have a capable machine to game on. :P

The case can be subjective, you can pick whichever you like the design

PSU wise dont ever cheap out on it. The last thing you want is the PSU fail and kill your PC.

Also being gold certified efficiency means the PSU will save you some power bills vs say a Bronze unit over the lifetime.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

This is fantastic.

Thank you for the info and will go with your recommendation.

👌👌👌👍👍

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Dragon sorry to bother, to bump up to 32g ram, does anything else need to change ? Or do I just double up on the ram cards ? Thanks mate

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

you can add the same kit

or to be on the safe side

get the 4x8 GB kits

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/cKXYcf/gskill-flare-x-32-gb-4-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16q-32gfx

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you mate very great help

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Hey dragon one last thing. Sorry again

Which WD SSD? There are 2. One says NVMe and other doesn't

https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/western-digital-blue-sn550-nvme-500gb/p/N82E16820250134

https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/western-digital-blue-500gb/p/N82E16820250091

Thanks again

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Hey Dragon, do you have another recommendation for 32gb of ram? The G Skill Flare has knocked me over budget as 2 are $200, so 4 would be $400. Any other reliable cards? Thanks!

I have puchased half the list. i will let you know how i go with the build. really appreciate your help

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

1080p isn't greatest resolution for 27". It's better than say 32", but except some blurines as well as possible obvious pixelation. Unless you intend to seat at double the usual distance. In both cases ppi(pixels per inch)is between 81 and 82. You will regret it. Well likely regret it. For 49" nothing below 4K. For 27" 1440p But don't simply trust some random stranger (me)search internet and inform yourself.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube