add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for software to generate 3D image from dimensions..

Danellijah
  • 3 months ago

So I work in a warehouse, and 80% of the orders I pick and pack are exported to another country. This means that everytime I pack an order into a box, I am required to measure the dimensions for shipping cost purposes. After being in this job one month, I realised instead of measuring the box every time, Io ould just measure them all once and create a little chart, so going forward I can just give each "box type" a letter or number and list the corresponding dimensions on said chart.

To make the chart less boring to look at, I had the idea of including a small diagram of each box. And I suppose this would mean less time cross-referecing. Thing is, I do not know how to do this.. It would be cool if I could put the dimensions of each box into a program and it generated a 3D shape for me that looked like the box, but I do not know how to word this or what to search for...

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube