add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AMD or Intel?

drew8716nc
  • 1 month ago

I am looking to build myself new Gaming Rig, I will most likely be using one of the Build Guides on here for the $1000-$1200 Price range. At the moment I have a $440 prebuilt, I don't play a ton of Triple A games but play a few Higher Graphic Games on Steam such as Rust, I won't be doing any streaming or anything like that and I will also have multiple tabs open at once almost always, 2 discord tabs, Youtube, and other assorted things. So while being able to get High FPS is important to me, but I would also like it to function well even with multiple tabs open while getting high FPS. Also almost all of the games I play are Multiplayer.

Edit: So which would be better for me, AMD or Intel?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

AMD, I would recommend the Ryzen 5 3600 for you.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, a lot of people had so many different opinions I needed some imput on what to choose for my needs.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

No problem.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

My last builds were Intel, but with current products available I'd go with AMD.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ah yes, the age-old question of the PC-building world. This is how I like to determine what people need: Do you want a top-tier, best-of-the-best performer to go with your $4000 rig? Then yes, go intel. Do you want a good CPU for LITERALLY ANY price point below $2500? Then go AMD. AMD has absolutely dominated the mid/high-tier market with their latest Ryzen 3000 chips. And they come with a cooler??? It’s just nonsense to go intel at this point. So yes, go AMD. For your price point I would suggest the Ryzen 5 3600.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks my dude.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

No problem. I plan to buy the 3600 when I upgrade my PC too. We will be some of the MANY MANY people who use that CPU.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Either 3600 or 2700X. Do you intend to do video editing/3D rendering and or animation and stuff as well? Get 2700X. For pure gaming 3600 probably.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Probably a 2700x, I won’t be doing any animation or video editing, but my games aren’t that graphic intensive and I always multitask with multiple tabs and doing thing like looking stuff up for a certain game like a tutorial.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I would go 2700X.

Cheaper then a 3600.

Better stock cooler.

Only minorly behind strictly in gaming but multithreads better.

3000 series is hampered by Windows prioritizing two alternating threads for all workloads or four in the case of the 3900X/3950X so they don't multithread as well, and extra workloads have much more of an impact on use then any other CPU so far.

That removes the minor advantage they have for gaming in a sterile benchmarking system for a multitasking use like your using.

You will also want to go for more then the normal amount of memory for your system giving the use so 16gb minimum and 32gb wouldn't be a bad idea giving how cheap memory is right now.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I agree with this the 2700x.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks dude, I’m probably going to end up getting an aftermarket cpu cooler anyways since at the moment my current pc idles at 83 degrees for the cpu.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

idk, the i9-9900k is pretty good but its $500 and probably wouldn't fit in the budget. if it has a dedicated gpu (it definitely does but if it hypothetically didn't) then go with AMD (unless you going super high end $2500+ dollar gaming beast where the i9-9900k would be useful). if your doing budget without a GPU go intel because like 99.99% of their CPU's have integrated graphics

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

2200G beats i9 9900K when used as APUs... . Or did. IF i9900K improved in the meantime tnx to drivers than 3400G will probably give it a beating.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Do you require Windows and Wi-Fi thing?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube