add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to find out how much wattage/volts my laptop draws

bdotburnz
  • 3 months ago

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-predator-triton-500-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-2060-512-gb-ssd-10194805-pdt.html

Hi guys this is my laptop and im trying to find out how many watts its drawing at the plug. if someone could find this out for me that would be great. Thankyou

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have this laptop, you should have it's charger. The charger will have the wattage (amperage and voltage) hidden in the small print on the bottom of the brick.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

the power adapter supplied has a max draw of 180 watts

the normal power draw should be lower than 180 watts

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The adapter will have a maximum, but for actual you can use a device like this one. You plug your laptop into it and then to the wall. Since it is in-between then it can tell how much is being used at any given time. Watts used is not a constant amount and will vary depending how much processing / use is being done on the laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube