add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking to hire a builder

Dalto98
  • 3 months ago

I know PCs are not hard to build. And I could probably do it myself l, with that being said I am making a parts list for a computer a little on the expensive side and was wondering if I gave anyone the parts around the area of Vancouver Washington that would actually build the PC with the parts I have picked out an willing to pay slight shipping cost and willing to pay anyone who is experienced to build the PC. I have heard horror stories of frying a PC and I would not want all of my hard earned money to go to waste so if anyone would be willing I would be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but I'd also recommend building it yourself. It's understandable if you're worried, but honestly as long as you follow a guide I'm sure you'd have no problems. I was scared ****-less about frying/breaking something during my build, but the more I worked on it the more comfortable I got. Motherboards have improved in terms of EDS protection over the years, and you can always get a wrist strap if you are really worried. Also, I'd be more scared of it getting damaged during shipping, and or from the stranger building it then me breaking it myself. You'll be able to troubleshoot/upgrade easier if you are more familiar with where/how everything goes. Plus, nothing beats that feeling when you see something you built work for the first time. Just my two cents though, do whatever you're more comfortable with. Either way, good luck!

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I second this.

If someone builds a PC for you, you won't know what to do to replace the power supply, upgrade RAM or a video card or add some storage. And if they attached something incorrectly (like a case fan to the wrong fan header so its always running at 100%) you won't know what to do.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If i lived closer i would, sorry man

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

How close are you? My other option is Arkansas which is literally on the other side of the country but no worries I appreciate the concern.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Arizona

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ayyy, same.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

ayyyyyyye

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I second this. I built my first PC in December. I watched a lot of youtube videos so I had a good idea of what to do. I read the instructions (when I needed to).

The only problems I has were:

1 - not connecting the case wires to the mobo correctly. This was easy to diagnose when the reset switch didn't work.

2 - not attaching all power cables to the Video card (the message on the screen was something about not enough power to the PCIE slot). Once I connecte dthe extra power it worked.

3 - Run a benchmark after the system is running. I didn't know I'd have to go into the BIOS and configure the type of RAM (it was assuming a much slower RAM)

4 - Run CPUID HWMonitor or HWInfo64 to look at temperatures. I saw a case fan was spinning too fast. I looked at the mobo and saw that I attached it to the wrong fan header.

This was all easily diagnosable because I built it myself. If you paid someone to do it, you would have a harder time. And next time I build a PC (in 10+ years) I anticipate it will be even easier.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube