add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 2700X with 2070 super or Ryzen 3700X with 2060 super?

RyzerGP
  • 1 month ago

Please can people help, I will be streaming most of my fortnite gameplay so I would be streaming a lot. I’d also be playing other games off stream like EFT and other FPS games, survival games too! Will a 2700x be able to handle streaming just as much as the 3700x? I’m a beginner to gaming pcs sorry guys

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Ryzen 2700X with 2070 super or Ryzen 3700X with 2060 super?

Trade 7% frame rates when CPU limited for 15% more graphics performance for eye candy or frame rates at the same settings.

Giving you don't want to be CPU limited to avoid cases of stuttering or frame drops the lower frame rates of the 2700X are also not as much slower in actual use.

Will a 2700x be able to handle streaming just as much as the 3700x?

Yup. It will be a little slower using NVENC, but if your using CPU resources they are even to the 2700X pulling ahead.

The new Ryzen aware scheduling prioritizes the use of two cores at a time on the 3000 series for all workloads so they limit faster the more work that is being loaded onto them.

Now if it was just streaming or just gaming with the CPU the 3700X has an advantage, but both at the same time they are not an upgrade.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What do you think the best option would be then?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

2700X+2070 Super.

15% more eye candy looks better then single digit frame rates for both you and the viewers.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

And what motherboard would you suggest with this build?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Any decent B450/X470 would do fine.

It also pays to keep an eye on open box/refurbished motherboards, I just snagged a Asus Crosshair VII for $99 a few days ago.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Where from?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube