add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

9600kf Overclocking

xxxtinct
  • 1 month ago

Hi all, I've been attempting to optimize my 9600kf @ 5.0ghz. Currently, I am fully stable @ 5.0ghz with a -2 AVX, a 45 Ring, at 1.37 core voltage. Those are the only settings I have tweaked to get there. I currently get mid 70s temperatures during a 1-2 hour gaming load, and I hover at 78-80c during Realbench & Cinebench. (Corsair H100i)

I would like to lower my voltages to optimize heat output, however I can't seem to get any lower than 1.37 core voltage without crashing during real bench & aida64 stress tests. I'm under the belief that this is quite high for a simple 5.0ghz, but I could be wrong. I'd love some help/pointers on how to optimize my overclock better, and how to tweak the other voltage settings properly. Thanks for any input

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes the voltage could be better but that depends from the quality of the silicon chip, so you don't have much room for tweaking.

Maybe a different board would grant you a lower voltage, and i guess that AIO runs at top speed and lastly the best cooling results would be achieved if the AIO is mounted at the front of the casing.

Also you have 4 ram modules installed. That may have a negative effect on the overclock potential of the CPU as the MC is integrated on the CPU chip and it may lead to a higher voltage as both parts are overclocked, the CPU and the ram obviously.

Still, mid 70s temperatures whilst gaming, is a good number for an overclocked processor.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

thanks for this response. I actually went in and tweaked a few things:

lowered my voltage to 1.36, upped the RAM voltage to 1.4, turned off C-state & set voltage mode to Override to prevent any swings. So far so good, and temps are noticeably lower than before.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Good work. It seems that setup has some potential then. ;)

And take a look at that guide too.

https://www.msi.com/blog/intel-9th-cpu-overclocking-5ghz-with-z390-motherboards

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You’ll want to play around with LLC/Load Line Calibration/vDroop.

If you have XMP enabled then you’ll want to adjust the VCCIO and VCCSA.

On the Asus forums is a guide to overclocking the 7700k. I would suggest reading that since it covers a lot of bases. The 6, 7, 8, and 9 series overclocks pretty much the same.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/guides/the-kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube