add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Stick with 1080p 144hz or get 1440p (2060 super)

Mister_Fantastic
  • 1 month ago

I see a lot of conflicting answers online. Looking to get a new monitor, but not sure if I should keep my current 1080p 144hz monitor or 1440p monitor. I mean regardless I do have to get a new monitor because for some reason I randomly lose signal.

Not sure if I should get another 1080p or not. I play mainly singleplayer games with some occasional multiplayer here and there.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

This isnt that hard, on your current display, do you really notice the pixels? And if so do you really care? I have a 1080p display and I only really notice the pixels when I'm trying to look for them. So personally I'd go for high refresh rate.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Damn, well put mate. You're right though, never thought about that Haha

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

1440p if you're a graphic w-hore and care less about high fps..

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Contrawise, go with 1080p if you're a fps w-hore

On the other hand, don't count on getting much more than 60Hz at 1440p https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-super-geforce-rtx-2070-super,6207-3.html

I'd also go for a slightly larger monitor for 1440. I didn't have any issue seeing the pixels in 1080p with a 27" monitor without AA, but turn it on and you'd have to look for them.

Overall it sounds like a side-grade (trading fps for resolution). I wouldn't upgrade the monitor until you upgraded your GPU (which might take a few generations, although I suspect that AMD should at least bring competition to the x060 level at 7nm(+).)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube