add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i7-9700KF or i5-9600KF

TechnicalknockOut
  • 1 month ago

Lets settle this. I'm trying decide between the i7-9700KF and the i5-9600KF, I'll be mainly gaming, but I might do some recording down the line. What should I go with?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Typically the extra 2 cores can be more valuable when doing video editing or live streaming. Especially when it comes to gaming. If you can afford the 9700KF without sacrificing on another critical component like the GPU. For example I would rather get the 9600KF and a 2070 super over a 9700KF and a 2070 for gaming.

On the same note I would not ignore AMD offerings either as they offer some great price to performance and have the extra cores that can help out on core heavy tasks. https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/LhCD4D,MBMwrH,QKJtt6,9nm323/

As far as gaming performance goes it does a great job and still provides an awesome experience and has a lower price for the number of cores. The r5 and r7 has hyperthreading by default so you get either 6c12t or 8c16t which can be very nice for multithreaded power.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Considering the i5-9600KF has only 6 cores, for future proofing as gaming and content creation stuff concerns, i would get the i7-9700K.

Also to consider a 3700X/3800X as an alternative.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube