add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I Ask For A Return?.

Exodusone
  • 1 month ago

Any advice would be appreciated. I purchased a PC (From a large company) costing over £4500 it came with a 3 year warranty. 1st year onsite and years 2/3 RTB. I am now in my 3rd year and one of the case fans have become faulty. I emailed the company and sent a short video of the faulty fan. They agreed it was faulty and because it was under warranty they would replace the fan. BUT I have to install the fan myself. I have had a look at the cabling etc and it looks like a big job. The fan is one of 3 on a h100i radiator. Because its just a fan are they right to say I have to install the fan myself. Or should I ask because it’s under warranty for it to be returned to them and they fit the fan properly by experts?.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Its probably much more hassle for you to send it them. Better off unplugging the fan connector and then undoing the 4 screws, then installing the new fan and screwing 4 screws in. Takes about 2 minutes at most.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The fan is one of 3 on a h100i radiator

you can find hundreds of youtube video's on exactly this radiator and how to install the "fan".

This is not that hard to do, but scary when it is your first time to tinker with your system, correct?

When I built my first system, youtube is where I started. you can find any and all parts of your system and "how to install" video.

good luck........before you know it you will installing hardware upgrades :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube