add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3600 w/2080 bottlenecking?

AlexDeDerp
  • 1 month ago

Will a 3600 (non overclocked) with a coolermaster hyper 212 rgb and a 2080 or 2080 super bottleneck? Also with a 650W PSU and the games would be minecraft shaders, overwatch, pubg, call of duty modern warfare, apex, and csgo at 1080p max settings. Also would cooling be efficient with the hyper 212?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

All depends on the monitor and what part you choose to bottleneck with quality settings.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have fixed it to be at 1080p and max settings (not raytracing for some games that have it) and how is cooling?

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

212 will do the job.

As for the max graphics there isn't a way to tell.

Overwatch is getting revamped to come close to OW2.

CS.GO is supposed to be getting revamped.

APEX is supposed to be getting an update at some point for graphics as well.

Minecraft is even getting revamped.

All are planned to be updated for the next generations consoles.

It'll last as long as it lasts is about all we can say these days.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thank you.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Games like minecraft will almost always be bottlenecked by the CPU. I can imagine even with a i9-9900k @ 5.3GHz paired with a RTX 2060 will still be CPU bottlenecked so what is bottlenecked also depends on the game played too.

IMO the R5 3600 paired with a 2080 super wont have any "bad" bottlenecks but there is one bottleneck I am concerned about. An RTX 2080 or even the super version being paired with only a 1080p display. Those video cards are powerful enough to render so much more than a mear 1080p screen can show so it seems the real bottleneck here is going to be the screen itself.

As for cooling the hyper 212 evo isn't the cooler I would choose but it is ample for the r5 3600. Of course I would recommend not to overclock and let the self turbo do its magic and that CPU will serve you quite well.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

An RTX 2080 or even the super version being paired with only a 1080p display. Those video cards are powerful enough to render so much more than a mear 1080p screen can show so it seems the real bottleneck here is going to be the screen itself.

With RTX maxed out your limited to 1080p for decent frame rates even with that level of GPU performance so its still down to settings the user runs.

As for cooling the hyper 212 evo isn't the cooler I would choose

They aren't using a Hyper 212 EVO they are using the RGB.

It uses an updated fin array, coating, top cover, RGB air balance fan, base, and mount making it a 212 only in name.

Runs around 4c warmer then something like a Dark Rock 4 with normalized fan speeds but slightly cooler although louder under PWM operation.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-hyper-212-black-edition-rgb-silencio,5967-2.html

The change also improves thermal dissipation so dual fan models are viable again as the MA410M shows in the review which uses two of the same fans.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

They aren't using a Hyper 212 EVO they are using the RGB

Ahh I misread the evo vs RGB I suppose. Either way it will work fine with that CPU.

With RTX maxed out your limited to 1080p for decent frame rates even with that level of GPU performance so its still down to settings the user runs.

Yeah I have heard about the meme "RTX on FPS off" before. Then again there many games without ray tracing or still not have much improvement on the eye candy with RTX on so in games without RTX a 1440p screen may better take advantage of the GPU.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There is always a limiting factor in a system, and it depends on the workload. Even when gaming, running CSGO at 720p minimum settings aiming for maximum FPS will have very different demands than trying to drive three 4K displays in a surround setup at max settings in a graphically demanding game.

3600 + 2080 Super is a good set up, in my opinion. Grab a nice 1440p 144Hz or ultrawide monitor and go to town.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There are many websites that can give you this answer. https://www.game-debate.com/ Is one example. I use it from time to time.

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/ Is a little better IMO because it breaks it down to percents.

Long answer would be some explanation like; most games are optimized for 6 threads and therefore wouldn't necessarily utilize the extra core/thread count anyway. It would depend on cpu IPC and frequency for the most part, albeit, some strategy games with open world renders will benefit. Some, meaning not all and in fact most AAA titles do not.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube