add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this enough?

Silent_Assassin

67 months ago

Build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Silent_Assassin/saved/zpmkcf

Note: Later on I will add a second 780 and I do plan on overclocking

Will this PSU be enough for my build when I add the second 780 because I have seen many different answers some say you can get by with a good 750w and others say you need a 1000w so I'm abit confused on what I actually need now : S

Also is Corsair RM series good because looking into some reviews and they say that the capacitors are cheap and I was wondering if this was true or not and if so how would it affect a system using it

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the one you have will be fine.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

get a littlee bigger. spend the extra $20 bucks just to not waste you entire build.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I may have to go bigger, I will see what other people say to get a good idea which way to go on this

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I have decided to go with a 1000w since it will allow more head room in terms of adding more HDD's etc.

Thanks for all the replies

[comment deleted]
  • 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Power consumption is not TDP. A system with dual 780's won't draw 500W

[comment deleted]
  • 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Total system power consumption with a GTX 780 is somewhere around 400W. Even if you add another one, you're not going to need a 850W unit

[comment deleted]
  • 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure a 550W would be perfect for that scenario. Now add another 780. You definitely won't need a larger PSU than 850W for that.

may be advised to move up to a slightly larger PUS

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube