add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 780-3GB vs GTX 770-4Gb

icebrain1

77 months ago

Hello all, sorry its my first post here. I apologize for any errors.

I am wondering which is the better option; a Gigabyte Windforce 770-4GB or a Gigabyte Windforce 780-3GB?

Cant find any benchmarks of the 770-4GB online. I've been looking for quite awhile online with no results comparing the two.

Help will be very much appreciated.

I think that the 770-4GB may be the better choice due to its lower price, higher memory bandwidth and larger memory. But need some other opinions.

Also if any one has any other ideas of good 770 or 780 "non reference cards".

Thanks all very much!

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go with a 780 tbh, but I can see why you would go both ways. The VRAM on the770 isn't going to make it perform better than the 780, but if you play games such as skyrim with heavy high res texture mods the extra VRAM can come in handy,

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I just bought the same 770 4gb model... Imo the bump in performance didn't justify the bump in cost of the 780... I may be wrong but I also think the extra gb of ram future proofs the 770 a little more than the performance future proofs the 780... Ps4 is coming with 8gb for goodness sake... I'll let ya know how the 770 comes out next week when I get all the parts and finish the build

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Ty, i also heard that there may be a 5gb model of the 780 might be coming out. not sure if 5GB will of much benefit though, a little over the top. or do you think it could future proof it more than the 4 GB.

Got no idea about the price.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I use the words future proof litely... It probably won't make a lot of difference between the two but that's precisely why I went with the cheapest of the two

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube