PCPartPicker

• Register

Should I sli my EVGA 680 classified 4gb card or get the new 700 series.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

lokiinsane 70 months ago

I'm kinda mad because I just built my system with the EVGA 680 4gb, and they come out the next month with the 700 series. (Pulling my hair out.) I was going to buy another card in a couple of months to sli, but now I'm having card envy. The one card I have right now will play anything on max and I haven't even tweaked it yet. What to do........???????? Technology really sucks sometimes! If anyone has any pointers or angles please let me know.

Comments Sorted by:

Hammcd 1 point 70 months ago

dude you're fine with a 680...they will continue to upgrade and everyone will continue to fall behind...im not sure theres anything out there that a 680 cant handle by itself anyway...are you just trying to vent or are you really complaining about a card that you yourself say will play everything on max?

lokiinsane submitter 1 point 70 months ago

In venting and asking advice, lol. I'm one of those guys that second guesses everything I do. This is my first build and I just want to make sure that I have the best bang for my buck. I didn't want to get stuck with two 680 and it not be good enough in the future.

chocolatesquirtle 1 point 70 months ago

not really worth upgrading since you have a 680 already unless you were going for the 780. wait for the next generation and skip the 700 series then you can think about upgrading